Designed by Fluid Motion Architects, the Mellat Park Cineplex is amazing of the park first cinema in Tehran, Iran. The Mellat Park Cineplex is located in the Municipal District 3 of Tehran, a prolonged and indefinite number of land with an area of 6,000 square meters and was designed and built at the extreme south-east of the park Mellat. With a total floor area of 15,000 square meters, this project has 4 cinemas, each 300 persons occupier and an auditorium with a capacity of 30 persons, as well as exhibition space, restaurant, cafe, Shop for books and CD’s, offices and service areas. Regarding the long and undetermined site and the opportunity to film 2 rooms on the ground floor and 2 other theaters in the basement, the spatial organization of the project was defined to submit an idea space in accordance with the physics program and project structure and also having an interaction with the exquisite nature of the environment.
Thus, linking the slopes in rotation two cinemas along another, a large covered terrace has been created which is the main achievement of this project for the city, and will be a place to talk, share ideas, to celebrate an occasion and a host of other cultural and social events. The main attributes of this project can be shortened in 5 major points:
1. Finding lost spaces in the city to rehabilitate urban assets.
2. According to the park environment and the prospect of mountain in northern Tehran.
3. Integration, Architecture, structure and program.
4. Creating a dialogue with the city through the generation of urban open spaces (covered terrace) and also its unconventional structure and impressive.
5. Posing the question of movement and time by creating a flexible structure and variable throughout the project using ramps general dynamism and change has been made both conceptually and literally.