Designed by Hopkins Architects, Frick Chemistry Laboratory, Princeton University is located in United States. Earlier this month, Princeton University dedicated the new Frick Chemistry Laboratory, a soaring, four-storey light filled structure designed by Hopkins Architects in collaboration with Payette, that is already attracting new faculty and students to its rank. The 256,000 sq ft building replaces the old Frick Laboratory, a collegiate gothic structure built in 1929, with a contemporary building that is to be the new nexus for the sciences on Princeton’s campus.
There are many things to like about the building, beginning with how it is positioned to transform the way the sciences will be taught and practiced in the future. For a chemistry building, it is remarkably open and transparent. For a large building, it has the feel of a much smaller one. And, for a building in the United States it is extraordinarily well crafted.