Designed by WZMH ARCHITECTS, Bay Adelaide Centre Located on Bay Street, the tower is set back from the street to respect the datum created by the cornice lines of historic buildings along the street known as the ‘Bay Street Canyon’. Contributing to the canyon, the re-constructed façade of the National Building built in 1926, designed by Chapman and Oxley, is seamlessly integrated into the design of the new tower.
The project contains over 111,000 sq m of rentable class-AAA office space and includes over 3,700 sq m of below-grade retail space linked to the downtown’s PATH system. The new tower is the first phase of a three tower complex, with an urban plaza at its heart. Over ½ acre in size, the urban plaza, constructed as part of the first phase of the project provides a public amenity suitable for casual enjoyment or major events.